Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Staying up to date...

A Thankyou to Sarah for her lovely welcome to blogland! That was a lovely start to my day this morning!

When I signed up for the Pin Cushion of the Month club I promised myself (and my husband!) that I would keep up with the monthly projects. See, when I first started sewing, I signed myself up for a Block of the Month project - An Angels Story by Anni Downs. That was a while ago, years even. And I am sad to say that I am still not finished, but I have been inspired of late to get started on it again - but more of that later.

So seeing as though my next Pin Cushion kit is on its way, I thought I better show you how I am keeping up with this one. Don't you just love the pins that come with these kits? They are gorgeous!


And the bottom of the cushion:

Did you notice the back edge? Yep - I still haven't sewn the opening closed, nor have I started the second pin cushion of the kit with the owl and mushrooms... eek! I had better get to it!

7 comments:

Myra said...

Adorable little pin cushion. I look forward to seeing some of your "An Angels Story" blocks... 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Jo in TAS said...

Welcome to the blogverse! Your first pincushion is almost there!!
I joined the club late and recieved my first one only yesterday and the next is in the post already so I've got alot of work to do to catch up. Pity you didn't join Stina's Angel Story Club, it was all I needed to get motivated to complete the top and now I've just to quilt it by January!

Renee said...

Thanks Myra - I will be posting thos blocks soon, but I haven't made it too far through yet!

Hi Jo! I have been watching your Angels quilt grow - it looks wonderful, well done.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the pincushion - such a great colour - I am really into strawberries at the moment! Can't wait to see the next pin cushion.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland. Hope you enjoy writing your blog - look forward to more recipes and crafting delights.
Jan

nettie said...

this is so sweet. i love the hedgehog

Mistea said...

Well done on the pincushion, I recently finished a block of the month quilt top which I started two and half years ago with good intentions of getting done within the time frame. If you focus on one block at a time it soon comes together. Good luck.