Friday, October 17, 2008

it's almost the weekend!

It is a beautiful day in Sydney today and it looks like the weekend will be beautiful too. On Sunday, my dear husband will be riding in the City of Sydney Spring Cycle, and will be riding from North Sydney, over the Sydney harbour bridge to Olympic park – a total of 40km, or 50km if he does an additional circuit of Olympic park. So I am left with a day to myself! I have lots of things I want to try to get done this weekend including:

* sewing the border onto my Leanne’s House quilt and basting the backing, batting and top together
* have a go at making a passport wallet from this tutorial at A Spoonful of Sugar
* put together this months pincushion
* buy a birthday present for my dear husband (although I am still unsure of what to get him!)

I also got a new book this week – so I can’t wait to curl up on the couch for a couple of hours too.


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Christine said...

What a beautiful block ... look forward to seeing more of this quilt.

Anonymous said...

Looks really great your block! Love the stitchery. Simone

Solstitches said...

How pretty the stitchery block is and I love the little pincushion you made on the train.
I have about the same amount of fabric as you. No matter how much fabric I have on hand you can bet that when I come to want to make something I never have just the right thing!
It's breakfast time here and those rolls are making me so hungry for warm bread :)

Margaret