Monday, October 6, 2008

first up...

After enjoying reading many different craft and food related blogs over the past 18 or so months, I have finally decided to take the plunge and start my own blog. My husband calls me a 20-something Nanna because of my love of all things homely. OK, maybe not all things, I definitely don't love the vacuuming! But I love to cook and I love to sew.


So for my first post - Sarah from Quilt Fabric Delights has asked members of her Pincushion of the Month club to show her what she would see should she hand deliver the next pincushion kit to our homes. To start with, Sarah would see something lovely like this:



and then when she came into our home she would probably see my kitten Sampson doing something cheeky like this:



Please note - Sampson was not harmed whilst posing for this photo!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging.

So other than doing the dishes is Sampson any help on the domestic front?

Renee said...

Thanks for the welcome Sarah! Sampson is also exceptionally good at making beds - Not! He runs under the sheets and doona and refuses to come out! He also loves to sit on material that I am trying to cut - not particularly helpful, but very cute all the same.

Myra said...

Welcome to the blogland! There are numerous blogging quilters down your way that I've been follow...

Been reading up a bit on this cyber postcard bit, so, just out of curiosity, did your "time to dive in" and start a blog just happen to coincide with your need to post a postcard? If so, nothing like a bit of pressure hey? 8-)

I look forward in seeing some of your creations...
Happy stitchings!

Myra said...

Forgot to mention that one of my furry friends, when a wee pup, jumped up on the door of the dishwasher and proceeded to squat and pee...nice...not!

Renee said...

Thanks Myra. I have been umm-ing and ahh-ing about starting a blog for a while now and the cyber postcard seemed like a great way to start. I have really enjoyed seeing where other bloggers live and thought it would be nice to share something (iconic even) from my town.