Tuesday, June 9, 2009

why can't every weekend..

be a long weekend?

My weekend really started on Thursday night when my husband and I went out for dinner for our wedding anniversary. And yes, we did meet Manu! My husband also got me some gorgeous flowers - and they smell wonderful too. Then on Friday I met Delta at a fun run to raise money for the new Cancer Centre at work.

I decided not to go to spotlight on the weekend as I wanted to save my money for the craft and quilt show this coming weekend. So instead, I worked on some WISPs. I put together another angel block - only 3 to go now! (Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stop my fabric from fraying? These blocks are becoming a bit of a hassle)
I now have a bunch of bodies waiting to be stuffed.
Started on a another One Red Robin pattern I have been wanting to make for ages (and practised some grid quilting too).


Made Pea and Ham soup for dinner


And made some pumpernickel fruit and nut loaf for morning tea

And that was just yesterday! Phew! I wish I had three days off every week!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Every weekend should be a long weekend! Looks like you made the most of yours :-)

a good yarn said...

You've done well. Beautiful flowers, delicious soup and the pumperknickel bread looks amazing. Glad you had such a productive weekend.....Ann :)

Cathy said...

Yes a 3 day weekend would be wonderful!! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, your flowers are beautiful!! Cathy

Sarah said...

Don't we all wish! Gosh you did well.

Christine from Aunties Quaint QUilts had the same fraying problem with her Angel blocks. She talked about using fray stop or sewing strips of calico to the block edges to protect it.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your fruit and nut loaf looks delicious! Enjoy the craft show.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

You're so creative-how did you find the time to do all of that? :o The bread looks wonderful!

Leanne said...

What a productive weekend and a fun run as well.