Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday at the quilt show

Sunday was a dreary, grey day in Sydney - perfect for going to the Craft and Quilt show. I went in the afternoon with the hope of attending a crochet workshop for beginners. Unfortunately, when I tried to book a spot that morning, I was told it was already full - bummer!

Having extra time to wander around the quilt show was fantastic though. The quilt that won the Best in Show Award was simply amazing (check it out here). The colours were gorgeous and the handquilting was unbelievable - I can't imagine how long it must have taken!

I was very restrained in the market area. I didn't buy much at all. But I could not resist Melly's new book - Kaleidoscope. It is a beautiful book and the projects are all so cute - I can't wait to have a go at some.


I also grabbed some fat quarters that I just loved. hmmmm... do you think I like pink?


Mum and Dad are coming to Sydney this weekend to visit and Mum and I are planning an afternoon of shopping. Probably here, here and here. Perhaps I should stay away from the pink this time!

5 comments:

a good yarn said...

Glad you enjoyed the show. The Best in Show quilt is stunning. Have fun on your shop hop. Ann :)

Leanne said...

I would love to learn how to crochet oh well perhaps next time. I haven't seen Melly's book yet but I expect it will make it's way to my house sometime in the not too distant future.

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing your show goodies - the winning quilt is just amazing. I didn't go to the show this year, so it was great to hear about it.

GailM. said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I really enjoyed that Princess and the Pea project. I made mine small - like a baby lapsize quilt. I see you live in Sydney. My parents lived in Sydney too. But not your Sydney. They lived in Sydney. Nova Scotia, Canada.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love a quilt show. I, however, was not restrained at the one I recently attended. I would have snatched up Kaleidoscope also. Love all things Melly & Me.