Tuesday, June 23, 2009

where did all my time go?

I haven't been able to do nearly enough sewing lately...and it is making me fidgety. Does anyone else ever get like that? I have itchy fingers and can't wait to spend a whole day or two immersed in my own world of fabric and rotary cutting. I have so many projects on the go at the moment, but I haven't finished a single one that I can show you. So instead of having a photoless post (how boring!), I thought I'd show you a picture of the cute little notebook that I carry in my handbag. Currently it has my 'sewing shopping list' written in it: new machine needles, batting,
quilting thread, giant ric rac, backing material... And also a list of things I need to do before we leave for our holiday (18 days to go!): stop the mail delivery, buy powerpoint adapters, get some blocks ready for handsewing on the trains (!) ...

Thankfully this weekend looks like it will be a quiet one in our house which means I CAN SEW! My husband told me last night (after noticing my fidgeting), that I can even sew on Saturday night if I want...huh? Normally we would be out or cooking together on a Saturday night...Then I realised, his footy team is playing on Saturday night - Yay, more time for me!

3 comments:

a good yarn said...

It's a familiar feeling for sure but I have started a new project and making good progress. Such a sweet notebook. Enjoy your sewing time! Ann

Julz said...

I know the feeling... itchy fingers when nothing ready to sew or stitch... all symptoms will quickly disappear when you can find that spare hour or two to get some new projects under way. Hugs Jx

Unknown said...

Well that sounds like a perfect Saturday night to me (must be getting old ) lol !