Friday, February 6, 2009

Don't forget the photo

I have been umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether or not to show this quilt here. I made it for my husband's twin brother and his wife for their wedding, however when we went to give it to them, I realised I had not yet taken any photos of it. So while they were having a drink in our lounge room, my husband and I were clumsily trying to get a photo of the quilt in our bedroom (can you see my feet at the bottom of the quilt? I was standing on our bed!). Of course, the lighting was terrible and we didn't want to take too long, so the photos are awful - but they are all I have.



Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the designer or which magazine I got the pattern from. The original was done with pink borders and had embroidered blooms coming from each of the hearts. This photo does not show the colours of the quilt as they truly were, they were not so dark. They definitely matched better in real life - they look like they clash horribly here, but they really don't! I promise! Most of the fabrics were scraps from my Leanne's house quilt and a sunbonnet sue wallhanging - this picture and this picture show just how pretty the colours really were (have I convinced you yet?!).

I chose purple for the border and binding as this is my sister-in-laws favourite colour - as you can tell from her bridesmaids' bouquet.


I hope everyone has a good weekend!

6 comments:

Kate said...

It looks great! I'm sure the recipients love it, and its great to be able to give someone something youve made yourself.

manda said...

I dunno, I don't think they clash in the photo! I think they complement each other. It's beautiful, I would love to receive this!

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely quilt, Renee and after looking at the other quilts, yes, the colors are wonderful. Lucky lovers who get this quilt!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is lovely
I just finnished packing a little
mini scrap swap package and it
will be in the mail sat.
hope all is good
ter

a good yarn said...

It's a lovely quilt. Don't be too hard on yourself. I have taken some woeful pictures of my work over the years. Love the purple!

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Roseanne said...

I made a wedding quilt last year for my neice.The photo are on my blog .Your quilt is lovely I bet the family member that receive the quilt loved it.