Sunday, February 22, 2009

finally, some sewing to share

I have been a little slack of late with my sewing for the pincushion of the month club. However, when Leanne's design arrived in my mailbox I was thrilled. I love Leanne's designs and I think the fabrics she chose were just gorgeous.



I made the plain pincushion first to have a go at the ric rac, and discovered I was terrible at it! Thankfully Leanne put a tutorial on her blog since then and I was able to make sure the rest were a bit better!


After stitching two of the other designs, I realised just how big the pincushions were going to be. That, combined with the fact that I have many pincushions already, led me to change things up a bit. So I decided to make them into a wall hanging instead.

Today I put it all together and started on the quilting.

Hopefully it will be my finish for February.

Has anyone else been watching this show? I love it!


Hope you all had a good weekend!

6 comments:

Deb said...

The pincushions look fabulous done like that. Very clever idea.

Chookyblue...... said...

your pincushions look good I must get into mine.......I have been so slack.......

rachelmp said...

Your pincushions look great, and the wallhanging. I've been wanting to do one with ric rac so off to visit Leannes blog for a peek!

Anonymous said...

They look fabulous. What a clever way to use the design and fabrics.

a good yarn said...

I like the wallhanging - a terrific idea.

silverpebble said...

Lovely stitching - your wallhanging looks great! Thanks for visiting my blog.