Tuesday, November 25, 2008

bonus sewing time

An unexpected day at home on Sunday meant I could spend lots of time sewing! I had seen many versions of the disappearing 9 patch block around and decided to have a go at it. There is a tutorial here.

This is what I was hoping it would end up like, with 2 orange squares in the centre, but with only 4 colours to work with, one of which being a directional print, it was a little tough to get everything to look balanced. This is what I ended up with instead. I like it! I am going to bind it with the printed material to add a bit more colour around the edges.

I also made up this cute little fabric basket using this wonderful tutorial. It is a great little project that takes almost no time at all. I think it would be great as a little Easter basket, ready for an egg hunt - or made in Christmas fabrics and filled with Christmas treats.

I decided I would buy some of the Red Riding Hood ribbon for this months pin cushion. Now THIS will be my last fabric purchase for the year! (I almost wrote it would be my last craft purchase, but I still have an idea for a Christmas present that I need to buy something for - lucky I caught myself!) If anyone else is looking for some of the red riding hood ribbon, I found some here and here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww that bag with Bambi on the front is so adorable! I wish I could sew :S