Sunday, November 23, 2008

an angel and some mail

After I finished my 12 red robins stitchery so quickly by tackling it on the train each day to and from work, I decided to start taking my angel blocks from my An Angels Story quilt. I signed up for this BOM in 2005 (I think!) and I am soooo far from finishing it!! After seeing lots of pictures of completed Angels by the members of Stina's Angel Story Challenge group, I have become motivated to get moving on them again. This girl and her pets were finished on Friday

I also recieved some mail from Sarah - my third pincushion kit. I am a little dissapointed that it didn't come with the gorgeous Red Riding hood tape for the handles that Melly used in her original design, but I am sure it will still look gorgeous with the blue satin ribbon... Or perhaps I will try to find some of the tape myself...


And I also got this pack of gorgeous fabric which I ordered from Retro Mummy. Some of this fabric will be used in Christmas presents for my little cousins.


I think that had better be my last fabric purcase before Christmas! Hopefully in my next post I will actually have some sewing to show you and not just what I have bought recently!!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I love that Anni Down quilt....... it will be finished in no time now you have stitching on the train a daily event.

Simone de Klerk said...

Hi Renee, I still have to get my pincushion parcel. If you can find the ribbon that goes to it, please let me know!
Love the fabrics you got and the angel you finished. Hope you get the chance to finish the quilt someday!

HillyFilly said...

Hi - I am also in the pincushion club but live in the UK.. I have just ordered some of the Red Riding Hood ribbon from - www.ribbonsgalore.com.au
They seem to have a lot in stock.. and I agree it is really sweet.
Sew Long.. Teresa