Friday, October 2, 2009

I made it and I'm not afraid to wear it!

At the Spring Stitch In, I spotted 4 women wearing the same skirt in different colours. Figuring it surely could not be a coincidence, I inquired and discovered that they were all made from a pattern by Make it Perfect call The Versatile Wrap Skirt. So, I bought the pattern, and some cheap material with the idea of making a skirt that I would likely not ever wear out of the house.

But I am pretty damn happy with the results and even wore it to work yesterday - hurrah! Perhaps my fear of sewing clothes has been conquered! Although I should probably try making something with a zip or even a button before I start proclaiming that!

Please excuse the awfully messy room and unmade bed in these pictures! I swear, it is normally perfect (yep, really, definitely, perfectly clean...uh huh).




10 comments:

rachelmp said...

Love it! Make sure you add it to Toni's flickr group. They are such cute and easy patterns

Lynda said...

Good on you!

Sarah said...

LOVE love love the skirt!

leslie said...

it looks great! i love a good wrap skirt, might have to try the pattern myself : )

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Well done! I've never worn anything that I've made but mostly because I'm a hopeless seamstress so I admire people that can make wearable pieces!

make it perfect said...

LOVE IT!
So glad that you are happy to wear the skirt. Hope you get some good wear out of it when Summer decides to grace us with its presence!!
Thanks for sharing :)

a good yarn said...

I'm loving the uggies lurking in the background! It's a terrific skirt. Sewing doesn't have to be complicated. Simple designs work well as you have shown. Happy Stitching..Ann :)

Julia @ Mélanger said...

Fantasic job. I have craft day with my mum so she can teach me all the tricks of the trade, so to speak. I've only made one top so far - an Amy Butler tunic. But took a lot of help from mum, too. I love the look of this skirt. I am loving the idea of a gorgeous navy blue and matching stripy print version for a sunny, summer day! :)

Kate said...

I love that skirt, it looks great on you. I've never made a piece of clothing for myself so I think I'm going to have to hunt down that pattern and make one. I love your fabric choices.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Fantastic!