Thursday, October 7, 2010

more yarn


Our weekend away was lovely - lots of relaxing, lots of crocheting and some good food (and yes, a little football too!).

My blanket is now actually looking a bit like a blanket and I am really happy with the way it is progressing. Unfortunately I have 3 big uni assignments plus 2 trips to Melbourne before the end of the month, so I am not sure I will be doing too much crafting until November. I do have 3 quilt tops that need backs so they can be sent to the quilters ASAP, so hopefully that will happen this weekend at least!I bought some more yarn recently - a lovely organic cotton to knit up this cute little cardi (pattern info here). Thankfully (as my knitting skills are very limited!) my Aunt keeps asking for patterns that I like which she can knit for our little one. She has so far knitted a version of autumn leaves and I am about to send off this pattern and yarn for the baby kina. I can't wait to dress our little one in them!

3 comments:

Dolores said...

I love the crocheted afghan - the colours are so bright and cheerful. Lucky you to have an aunt that knits. My mom knit for me - 'cause I'm so slow and don't really enjoy it.

a good yarn said...

I am so pleased to see knitted items back in fashion - especially for the wee ones. Your rug looks terrific and I love the bright colours. Ann :-)

Leanne said...

Your granny squares are looking good. Wool is so much nice these days unlike the itchy scratchy stuff that was around when my kids were small.