Sunday, January 4, 2009

back to the daily grind...almost

We arrived home in Sydney last night after 2 wonderful weeks in our home town Melbourne. Although it was more like winter than summer in Melbourne, we did manage a bit of this... (yep, I stayed on the sand - no way was I swimming in the cold cold water!)

And a bit of this...


I finally finished the quilt for my baby cousin Belle, only 18 days after she was born. This was the one which I had a terrible trouble quilting. I wasn't entirely happy with the end result but it was the best I could do.


Please excuse all the wrinkles - it had just come out of the washing machine when I took the pictures.

Then, 19 days after she was born, I got to meet Belle.

Today we finally got to taste the Christmas cake I made at the end of November...

And tomorrow it's back to work... Can't say I'm too excited about the prospect of work, but it is nice to be back in our own home and cooking for ourselves again.

Also - make sure you check out Sarah's giveaway - click on the picture on the right hand side to go to her blog. She has a gorgeous camera bag that she is generously giving away.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Hi

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment about my quilt. That must be the highest Christmas cake I have ever seen. It looks wonderful!

Cathy said...

What an impressive cake! I know what you mean about the weather...Tassie is very cool for this time of year! I have enjoyed looking at your blog, Cathy

a good yarn said...

That is a humdinger of a Christmas cake! We just opened ours today (couldn't face it over Christmas, too full). You have a great blog - food and sewing - excellent!

Thanks for the compliments on my bag.

Cheers, Ann :)

Renee said...

thanks ladies! It was a huge Christmas cake! Especially seeing as though there are only 2 of us to eat it!