Sunday, May 22, 2011

Anyone still out there?


I just wanted to pop back in and thankyou all for your lovely messages over the past 4 and a half months and apologise for not getting back to anyone. We have settled back in Melbourne now and I am loving my time with Eloise. She has such a lovely nature and is almost always smiling which makes her a real joy to be around.

I cannot quite believe how fast time has gone and how big my littl girl is getting. At 4 months she weighed in at 6.77kg and measured 61cm (she was born at 3.1kg and 51cm) and seems to get bigger every day. She is currently learning how to use her voice and loves to scream with joy.

I'm still doing my uni degree this year so things are incredibly hectic - as if having a new baby wasn't enough! As a result, the only sewing I've done since the night before Eloise arrived was a quilt label for a friends baby quilt. However I am seriously hoping to remedy this during my mid-year break as 2 more friends are expecting little ones (including a cousin for Eloise!). Otherwise I am trying to enjoy each stage with Eloise - I'm sure there will be loads of time for sewing in the future.

12 comments:

Kate said...

Great to see things are going so well. They grow so quickly!

barb's creations said...

Good to see you back and yes we're still here LOL :) Barb.

Sarah said...

Look at that lovely ray of BEAMING SUNSHINE!!!

SO lovely to hear from you : o )

Uni as well - OH MY!!!!

Miss Holly said...

Oh you lucky lucky mummy......she is perfection....just enjoy every second of her....and I love her name!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Eloise is getting so big! The time does go really fast. My newest is one next month! Where did the time go?!

Sheryl said...

Hi Renee, wow a lot has happened in your life since I last read your blog, Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl, she is a dolly, sounds like she is a perfect baby... lucky you. I have just caught up on your blog and the quilts and bits and pieces you have been making are gorgeous, I love the crocheted blanket, the colours are great, I too learnt to crochet with granny squares.... and your recipes... yum, now I'm off to cook the vanilla cupcakes and the gingerbread will happen very soon and I made bread and some rolls a week ago, life tastes so good some times... Sheryl

Lynda said...

Lovely to see the photo Renee - what a gorgeous baby.

a good yarn said...

Great to *hear* from you and Eloise is adorable.

Carolyn said...

Just enjoy every second of her. They grow so quickly!

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Dolores said...

I left the day you posted this to visit my brand new baby grandson. He was just a month old then and yes, they do grow so very quickly. Enjoy every day - she is gorgeous.

ButtonMad said...

What a poppet...enjoy every minute...
Love the fabrics you work with...
Warm greetings from south africa

Suzy said...

Oh, she is such a cutie! Glad to hear you are settled back in Melbourne and enjoying your time with Miss Eloise. And you are superwoman for managing to study at the same time :)