Friday, July 16, 2010

BIG change..

Remember when I said that 2010 looked to be full of change? Well I wasn't kidding - along with our new home here in Sydney and my study, my husband and I are also expecting a special kind of Christmas present this year - one with 10 fingers and 10 toes.
To say we are excited is an understatement! I have been very lucky and not been sick at all, just VERY tired. But hopefully I am getting to the stage now when my energy should be coming back.

I bought some material last weekend to start making some wraps - some muslin and some flannelette as well as some gloriously soft minky to make a cuddle toy. Only greens, yellows and aquas at the moment as we don't know the sex, but hopefully the little one will cooperate in a few weeks time so that we can find out.

When I told my workmates I was pregnant one of the girls showed me the gorgeous crocheted hats and jackets she makes for premature babies (which she donates to hospitals), so I took the oppurtunity on one afternoon tea break to learn how to crochet! I am so happy to have finally learnt and have made myself some granny squares to practice. I am hoping to get to the shops this weekend to pick up some soft baby yarn to make a special blanket.

And to add to the change, we are also planning our return to Melbourne early next year too. My life really doesn't feel right if I don't have a million things going on at once!

11 comments:

rachelmp said...

Congratulations! So excited for you x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Renee! That's really exciting! We're in the middle of similar excitement... with a 3 week old!! It's such a beautiful stage in life! Hope all goes well and that's great that you have been keeping well too! Can't wait to see what you crochet for your new bundle! :)

Kate said...

Awww, congratulations! Thats very exciting news :-)

Lynda said...

Wow Renee, what wonderful news. Thrilled to bit for you. The most wonderful adventure of you lives.

a good yarn said...

Whoo-hoo! That's fantastic news Renee. The nesting begins! Ann :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

huge congrats........the nest christmas present ever......

Unknown said...

Big Congratulations...Glad to hear you have been well through the early stages...hope the move goes Ok for you...keep well
cheers

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Congratulations!! Thats wonderful news xox

Anita said...

YAY!!! Congrats Renee - such great news for you and your husband. Looking forward to seeing all the gorgeous things you make for your baby.

Sarah said...

Oh Renee, What lovely news!

Been missing reading where you are at. Don't feel like I have a moment to scratch but then little man decides to have an extra sleep so thought I would hop in and say hi.

Hope you keep well.

Sarah

Julia @Mélanger said...

Big congratulations on the baby. I so wish I could make a few bits and pieces like this. My mum has been amazing in hand-crafting clothes, rugs and blankets etc. Can't believe you learned to croquet in your lunch break????? Have to read through to see if you've found out the sex of the baby. I couldn't do it. Need a surprise to get me through the big event! And it's all I think about now. Boy or girl? Boy or girl? :)