Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A show and a Kitty Kris Kringle

My husband and I went out last night to see Tim Freedman play a solo show in Newtown. We realised that it was the 4th time we have seen him play since we moved to Sydney almost 18 months ago - but I won't ever get sick of hearing him sing his beautiful songs. There's a video here of Tim and his band, The Whitlams, playing with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra last year. It was probably my favourite of all their concerts.

Needless to say, I am a little tired this morning after getting home a bit late last night!

Over the weekend I worked on a present for a Kris Kringle I am part of. It is through a Cat forum that I have been a member of for almost 4 years now (yep - I admit it, crazy cat lady here!), and while last year I was lucky enough to have met my 'victim' in person, this year I do not know much at all about the lady I am buying for. So I decided a homemade gift would be the best way to go.

I put together this journal cover with some funny cat material that I have had in my stash for a long time.
And I found these great kitty stockings in a local shop, so I embroidered the name of her cats on each.
Fingers crossed she likes them!

And I finished another angel on Friday on the train - I think that brings me to the halfway mark! I will get there...!

6 comments:

Y said...

That cat journal cover is so cute! Wish you were my kris kringle!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your KK is going to love the cat inspired gifts! Your latest angel looks great!

Simone de Klerk said...

Wonderful, the things you made! REally love the angel (O:>

Renee said...

Thanks Ladies! I was really happy to finally have found the perfect project for my cat material. Hopefully the recipient likes it as much as you do!

Lorraine said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment......I am sure your gifts will be appreciated....that cat fabric is fab for the journal cover! .....the stockings will be a hit I am sure!!

Sheryl said...

That a great KK idea nice and simple and still special. Your Sampson is so gorgeous is he really big? he looks big and cuddly in the photo... Your angel story block looks terrific..well done.. mine is laying on my bedroom floor waiting for me to sew all the little squares together, not a good place for it in December (too busy to sew much) I will just have to get up earlier or something to get it done...;)