Thursday, April 8, 2010

Under the sea...

Some sewing over the weekend - no idea where this is going as yet, but I'll see where it takes me. I usually plan my quilts, but I thought I might just play with this one, and I am really enjoying it. I am also taking notes and photos, so perhaps it may become a tutorial in the future...or maybe I'll even get up the courage to submit it to a magazine...

I also had another go at some macarons and I really think I am getting there, although the tops weren't as smooth as last time. Same recipe, but this time I substituted 35g of almond meal for cocoa, and made a dark salted chocolate buttercream to fill them. Seriously yum!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love macaroons!

a good yarn said...

Your quilt is looking terrific and I would be happy to eat any rejected macaroons. Ann :-)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, quilt is looking good. I just bought some of that fish fabric today funnily enough. No idea what I'm going to do with it yet, but couldn't resist!

Sarah said...

oh oh oh i LIKE those fabrics!!!

jane eileen said...

Amazing. Those perfect corners and straight lines are almost scary! Being a reformed perfectionist who now gives extra credit for crooked on purpose, I will have to make an exception and give extra credit here, too.
Funny thing is that I think I have some of those fabrics, too.

Copper Patch said...

YUM! The macaroons look so good and the quilt looks fab as well. Looking forward to see where it goes.
Abbe