Sunday, November 16, 2008

retail therapy

It's been a sad weekend for our family - our beloved dog Amira passed away on Friday. My sister has a lovely tribute here.

My darling husband took me to Spotlight for a little retail therapy on Saturday afternoon and I picked up this gorgeous printed fabric and some others to match.
I am going to use these for a quilt for my new cousin who is due to arrive in early December. I had originally picked up this fabric:
but I love the jungle animals much more!!

On our retail therapy trip I also picked up some other fabrics, but this is all I can show (for now!) of what some of them have become...

3 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

So sorry for your loss. Good thing you went on retail therapy. All the best for next week.

Roseanne said...

I am so sorry about your beloved dog. passing. i would be lost with out my beloved dog zara. they be come your very best friends. keep your chin up.I am so sad for your family, Love and kisses to you all.

Renee said...

Thanks for your wishes Simone and Roseanne. I am sure it will be a long while before I can think of Amira and not be sad, but I have so many wonderful memories of her which is what counts. She had a happy life and we were so lucky to have her in our lives for so long.