Monday, September 27, 2010

progress

I spent Saturday afternoon on the couch in front of the TV and the AFL grandfinal. Meat pies and beer (of the ginger variety for me) were consumed as the traditional meal of the day. While the game was incredibly frustrating, I managed to get a lot done on my crochet blanket. I am hoping it will be a good size for the cot or the pram.


Next weekend we are heading to the Hunter Valley for 3 days, however the impending grand final replay left us a bit nervous that my husband (an AFL reporter and diehard) would have to work again on the Saturday. But thankfully it seems he has been granted the weekend off as hoped. Now I just have to see if he can hold up his end of our 'no tv, no phones and no computers' on holiday rule! I think I will be taking my crocheting with me just in case I end up in front of the game again

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Sq's are Lovely & it looks like you would have enough..don't like your chances for next saturday..lol.best take something to do.Enjoy anyway.
cheers

Clair said...

Love your crochet! Isn't it addictive, I only just recently learnt and now every evening I've got hook and yarn in hand.

a good yarn said...

It was a nail biter for sure. I can't imagine your DH will manage the whole weekend without wanting to know the result. Enjoy your trip to the Hunter Valley. Cheers, Ann :-)

Suzy said...

The blanket is going to be so pretty!

Hope you have a great weekend away.