Tuesday, July 20, 2010

granny square overload!

1. Bright granny squares afghan, 2. Granny square blanket, 3. first, 4. New Colorful Flowery Blanket, 5. IMG_0975, 6. Granny A Day blanket

These pics are my current flickr faves. I have found some lovely bright wool and have started my granny squares. I am using a 4 ply merino wool and a size 5 crochet hook. I tried a 3.5mm hook first but the squares were tight and very small, but with the 5mm hook they are big and soft. My only worry is that they might stretch - does anyone know if this might be a problem? My knowledge of wool and crocheting is limited to say the least!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are all really cool!! I wish I could crochet!!!

a good yarn said...

I made a few these many years ago and gave them all away. Wasn't I silly? I think it's a possibility that they might stretch a wee bit. Ann :-)