Sunday, December 13, 2009

December daily update

I've been trying hard to stay up to date with my December daily album and I am really enjoying it! My scrapbooking isn't too elaborate, but I am happy with the way it is turning out.

I do wish I had my own printer though - it would make things so much easier!



The tree on Dec 4 is made from a brown satin ribon, some olive green ribbon and felt. I really like the different textures and want to try to incorporate more ribbons, trims and fabric into my pages.









Dec 10 is still waiting on a photo of my new red shoes that I bought to wear with my new dress on Christmas day.
Dec 12, which I put together this morning is definitely my favourite page so far. I'm not sure if you can tell in these photos, but Sampson has been sleeping with his head on my SSCS presents!


As you can see, I finally found some rings to bind my album. I had been searching for "binder rings", but I found out they are actually called "book rings". As soon as I changed my google search I was able to find loads of them.
This week I really have to start putting some Christmas presents together. I haven't even worked out what to make for three of my four little cousins, let alone started on anything. Although I am leaning towards making them each a kidlet, as I know from last time I made one, it was simple and quick to put together.

This week I have a couple of Christmas parties to go to, including a lunch for our research group at Aria. I am seriously excited - I have been wanting to eat there for a while, so it will be nice to do so when someone else is picking up the bill!

And tonight we are off to the local Carols by Candlelight. The Salvation army band played some carols in our street on Wednesday night which was a lovely warm-up for tonight.

It is definitely starting to feel like Christmas...!

3 comments:

Mum said...

Renee
Rhe 25 Days till Christmas book looks wonderful.

Look forword to see your new dres and the red dress on Christmas Day.

You havent left yourself much time to make the girls pressies, ........
whoops shouldnt comment about that as I still havent finished my gifts for them.

But have found some things for them to play with on the family christmas.

The countdown is getting closer. CaNT WAIT.

Look forward to seeing you both, love you M

Teresa said...

Love your december diary!!! I am doing this too and it makes such a wonderful momento. Yours is looking fantastic.

Leanne said...

I love the idea of this but I am hopeless at this sort of thing. I always end up being disappointed with the end result. I do like yours though.