Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas stockings

Seeing as though I love Christmas (I think I've said that a few times here before!), it made sense that one of my first sewing projects was Christmas stockings for my husband and I. These stockings were made completely by hand (I didn't have a sewing machine at that point in time) from a pattern by Suzanne Gray of Hooley Dooley Artworks.

No fireplace to hang them on in our house, so the TV cabinet has to do!

Up close they are a little rough around the edges - a couple of stitches showning where they shouldn't be and the binding is completely wrong (I think I made it up as I went as I didn't understand the instructions!) - but I love getting them out each year and putting them up.


Along with the stockings, we also put up our Christmas tree on the weekend. Sampson loves Christmas too, although he likes to pull the Christmas decorations down rather than putting them up! Here he is, all tuckered out after 'helping' us put up the Christmas tree.

3 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

cuties, those christmas socks (O:

Anonymous said...

Hey Renee
Love the stockings, they're very cute. Great site, just found it today.

Renee said...

thanks Simone :)

Thanks Anita - now it's your turn!